Best Places to Sleep, Eat, and Explore in Cody, Wyoming According to Tripadvisor
Written by Caleb Nelson on May 26, 2022
Summer tourism is a significant part of life in Cody, Wyoming. The website Tripadvisor has complied user reviews to suggest the top three places to sleep, eat, and explore in Cody. Every month, Tripadvisor’s site and app help hundreds of millions of people plan, book, and take trips.
Cody, named after the legendary Buffalo Bill Cody, has retained much of its Old West charm and its sense of adventure. Just a few miles away from Yellowstone National Park, Cody serves as the Eastern gateway to the park. The town’s attractions include shoot-out reenactments from the Cody Gunfighters, the Cody Nite Rodeo (June-August), and the Buffalo Bill Center of the West – to name just a few.
According to Tripadvisor’s user reviews, these are essential spots to visit in Cody “to wander” and have “signature experiences.” These include the following:
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West (3,962 excellent, 5-star reviews)
- Old Trail Town (659 excellent, 5-star reviews)
- Buffalo Bill Dam (611 excellent, 5-star reviews)
These are the best places to stay in Cody for lodging that have “a mix of the charming, modern” and are “tried and true,” according to Tripadvisor. These include the following:
- Chamberlin Inn at $145/night (418 excellent, 5-star reviews)
- Bill Cody Ranch at $182/night (269 excellent, 5-star reviews)
- Best Western Premier Ivy Inn & Suites at $132/night (996 excellent, 5-star reviews)
For food, these are the “can’t-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast,” per data collected from Tripadvisor. These include the following:
- Our Place Café – American, Café, Diner (309 excellent, 5-star reviews)
- Bubba’s Bar-B-Que – American, Gluten Free Options (507 excellent, 5-star reviews)
- Pat O’Hara Brewing Company – American, Bar, Brew Pub (222 excellent, 5-star reviews)