It’s Through – Cody Regional Health Stops Drive-Thru Testing
Written by Andrew-Rossi on February 24, 2021
After seven months of a vital and valued service, Cody Regional Health feels the current COVID-19 situation merits a safe stop to testing at the Rodeo Grounds.
Cody Regional Health announced the closure of drive-thru testing at the Cody Stampede Rodeo Grounds on Wednesday. Starting next week, there will be no testing offered Tuesday and Thursday mornings at the Rodeo Grounds.
Keith Ungrund, Chief Clinical Officer at Cody Regional Health, says the drop in local COVID-19 cases is the determining factor in the decision to close the drive-thru.
“We are thankful we were able to offer our community drive-thru testing for over 7 months to provide an option to those in need of this service. Now that numbers have dropped significantly over the past month and with other options available to those in our area, our team believes it is safe to discontinue this service,” Ungrund says.
Drive-thru testing began in July 2020 at COVID-19 cases in Cody and Park County began to surge. Over the past few months, days and hours have changed as the demand for testing has risen and fallen.
Now, the demand is consistently low enough that the drive-thru is no longer necessary. Thursday, Feb. 25, will be the last day COVID-19 testing will be available at the Rodeo Grounds.
The closure goes into effect Tuesday, March 2.
Drive-thru testing may be done, but there’s still plenty of resources available for COVID-19 testing and treatment.
- Cody Regional Health’s Walk-in Respiratory Clinic Hours will remain the same at the Cathcart Health Center. They are seeing respiratory/viral patients by appointment Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Walk-in Clinic Hours for non-respiratory patients are still Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 6:30 pm, Saturday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm and Sunday 9:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- Vault Health continues to offer at-home COVID testing kits, free to all Wyoming residents, through the Wyoming Department of Health
- Walgreens is offering no-cost, contactless COVID-19 testing for patients age 3 at its Cody location: 1585 Sheridan Avenue.
- Vaccination clinics for Groups 1a and 1b are available thru Park County Public Health.
For further questions about COVID-19 please visit: https://www.codyregionalhealth.org/local-covid-19-updates/