Multiple Vehicle Burglaries Reported in Powell
Written by Andrew-Rossi on October 11, 2020
Vehicle burglaries have the Park County Sheriff’s Office asking for help to identify suspects and protect their property.
Three incidents were reported to the Park County Sheriff’s Dispatch Center on Sunday, October 4 between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. in the same area of Powell – East and West Christy Lane at Lane 8 ½ in Powell. Each incident involved criminal entries and burglaries, as each victim reporting missing items.
There was no indication that there are any persons of interest or suspects in custody.
In order to protect vehicles and valuables, the Sheriff’s Office recommends you take the following steps:
- Lock your doors and roll-up windows, including the sunroof.
- Do not leave valuables in the vehicle if you can avoid it.
- Avoid using your car for storage, unless items are securely placed in the trunk,
- Electronic chords, docking stations, or power adapters should be kept out of sight when not in use
- If you’re going to leave electronic items in your car, make sure they’re turned off. Burglars could see an item Bluetooth pairing or flashing which makes your car a more attractive target.
- Whenever possible, choose to park in well-lit busy areas.
- Utilize the antitheft devices installed in your vehicle.
- Keep your garage door hidden, not out in plain sight.
None of these recommendations are guaranteed to prevent vehicle burglary. The goal is to reduce the attractiveness of your vehicle while increasing its security.
The Sheriff’s “tip line” is always available for anonymous tips that could lead to the arrests of burglary suspects or anyone else involved in local crime. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the line directly at 307-754-8700 or 307-527-8700
You can also submit a tip online at https://www.parkcountysheriff.net/tip-line/