Powell Sees Third House Fire This Year
Written by Andrew-Rossi on February 19, 2018
Powell has seen three house fires already in 2018.
The most recent was a fire last Monday at the rural home of a retired physician, Dennis Goldberg. The Powell Tribune reports that the house on Lane 8 was completely destroyed, but Fire Chief Damian Dicks told the newspaper that they have not determined the cause for the fire. Goldberg was the only resident, and all of his animals were unharmed.
The first fire of the year was on January 2nd, when Rey Adame’s dog woke him up in the middle of the night as flames were approaching his sleeping area in his mobile home; both the dog and Adame were able to escape unharmed.
Not so fortunate was Eddie Downer, whose life was claimed in the house fire on Road 13 the night of January 6th. The Powell Tribune reports that space heaters were suspected as the cause of both of those blazes.