Super Tag Raffle generates more than $1 Million in 2019–Winners announced.
Written by jordanmckamey on July 17, 2019
Most dream about epic hunts; some go on them. The Wyoming Game and Fish Department announced the winners of its Wyoming Super Tag raffle on July 15.
Created by Gov. Matt Mead and the Wyoming Legislature in 2013, the Super Tag raffle provides hunters opportunity and raises money for wildlife management in Wyoming. This year, 87,112 tickets were sold, a 20 percent increase from last year. This amounts to $1.1 million generated for wildlife conservation. The program has raised more than $4.8 million since its inception.
This fall, 11 hunters will pursue bighorn sheep, moose, mountain goat, elk, bison, deer, pronghorn, black bear, gray wolf and mountain lion or a combination of three species of their choice with the Trifecta. A 12th winner was awarded a gear package with top-of-the-line hunting equipment and apparel. The Super Tag Trifecta winner was Eric Nesheim of South Dakota. Two winners from Wyoming were selected–Paul Dona won the Big Horn Sheep Tag and Randy Higgins won a chance to hunt wild bison.
- Super Tag Trifecta: Eric Nesheim, South Dakota
- Pronghorn: Mark Minzlaff, Oregon
- Deer: George Wulff, California
- Elk: Ayden Fatherree, Louisiana
- Bighorn sheep: Paul Dona, Wyoming
- Black bear: Justin Downes, South Dakota
- Gray wolf: John Blevins, Texas
- Moose: Mark Gunnufson, Minnesota
- Mountain goat: Jeffrey Joy, Texas
- Mountain lion: Benjamin Chasteen, Alabama
- Wild bison: Randy Higgins, Wyoming
- Ultimate Gear Package: Richard Carpenter, California