Super Tag Raffle Winners Announced – $1.3 Million Raised
Written by Andrew-Rossi on July 22, 2020
The Wyoming Super Tag Raffle winners have been announced.
The 2020 Super Tag Raffle sold 102,495 tickets, raising $1.3 million dollars for wildlife conservation – that’s a 15% increase from 2019. Since the raffle was first created by Governor Matt Mead and the Wyoming Legislature in 2013, it has generated over $6 million dollars which is all allocated for wildlife conservation projects.
Winners were drawn from all over the nation for the 12 winning categories including the Super Tag Trifecta and the Ultimate Gear Package. 3 winners come from Wyoming, tying with Michigan (of all places) as the state with the most winners. Other winners come from Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and New Mexico. These hunters can now choose any open hunt area in the state, with some limitations depending on license availability for certain animals like moose, sheep and bison. Lifetime limits do not apply and hunters keep their preference points
- Super Tag Trifecta: Trey Jebens, Colorado
- Pronghorn: Jason Devore, North Dakota
- Deer: Barry Miller, Colorado
- Elk: Brogan Behlen, Nebraska
- Bighorn sheep: Dumitru Cusnir, Wyoming
- Black bear: Amber Stockman, Wyoming
- Gray wolf: Jake Taylor, Michigan
- Moose: Steven Harrison, Missouri
- Mountain goat: Russell Smith, Jr., Michigan
- Mountain lion: John Szczepanski, Michigan
- Wild bison: Lawrence Harlan, New Mexico
- Ultimate Gear Package: Dale Shaklee, Wyoming
If you missed your chance, don’t worry. Tickets for the 2021 Super Tag raffle are on sale now until July 1 of next year. But the real winners are Wyoming residents and the animals that will continue to be protected thru this uniquely Wyoming conservation solution.