Worland News 11-6-18 GO VOTE!

Written by on November 6, 2018


Voter registration figures show strong support for Republican-dominated governance when Wyoming voters head to the polls Tuesday.
Republicans outnumber Democrats by more than 4-to-1. Democrats now account for just 16 percent of Wyoming voters, down from 26 percent a decade ago.
A former Wyoming House minority leader from Cheyenne, Mary Throne, is running against Republican State Treasurer Mark Gor don for governor. The winner will succeed two-term Republican Gov. Matt Mead, who is term-limited.
In the U.S. Senate race, Democrat Gary Trauner seeks to deny Republican incumbent John Barrasso a second full term.
Trauner hopes to attract voters dissatisfied with President Donald Trump but support for Trump in Wyoming remains high.
Republicans have held every federal and statewide office in Wyoming for almost eight years.

If you are packing for an upcoming waterfowl hunting trip, be sure you have all your licenses and stamps before heading out. Waterfowl hunting in Wyoming has several requirements, and hunters must carry certain licenses and stamps with them when afield. Wyoming requirements are as follows.
A game bird hunting license. Hunters under 14 do not need a license if accompanied by an adult hunter with a valid game bird license. All hunters need a permit to hunt sandhill crane.
Proof of hunter safety. A conservation stamp. All licensed hunters must possess a conservation stamp, with the exception of a daily hunting license or holder of a special license.
The Harvest Information Program or HIP permit. The HIP permit is free but is specific to each state. Licensed hunters will need to obtain a Wyoming HIP permit to hunt migratory birds in Wyoming and can do so on the Game and Fish website.
The Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp. The stamp, commonly called the “Duck Stamp,” is required for hunting ducks, geese and mergansers — but is not required for other migratory game bird species. This is only required for hunters 16 years of age or older, and is valid July 1-June 30. These stamps are sold by the Game and Fish online or through a U.S. Post Office, some license selling agents throughout the state. A receipt from an online purchase is NOT valid to hunt with, but an e-stamp is allowed.

Wyoming voters head to the polls today, are you registered? If not, the state of Wyoming allows voters to register at the polls on election day.
In order to register to vote, you have to meet the following qualifications. Must be 18 years of age on Election Day, a U.S. Citizen, a resident of Wyoming and the precinct in which you register. You must show proof of identity, this includes a Wyoming Driver’s License or providing the last 4 digits of your social security number. You can not have been convicted of a felony, or if you have been convicted, you’ve had civil or voting rights restored and lastly, you have not been adjudicated mentally incompetent.
You may need to re-register to vote in your precinct or county if you have moved to a different county or if you did not vote in the last General Election.
Know your voting rights and if you are denied a ballot for any reason at the polls, demand a provisional ballot, federal law requires it. You will have to prove you are eligible to vote and make sure your ballot is counted. If you are denied voting and the issue is not resolved at the polls, you can report the issue to the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice at 800-253-3931

Current track