WYDOT: No Need to Visit DMV for a Few Months
Written by Andrew-Rossi on March 27, 2020
With public shutdowns still in effect, WYDOT wants you to stop worrying about getting to the DMV.
Last week, Governor Gordon issued an Executive Order allowing for a 90-day grace period for expired driver licenses and identification cards, extending from March 15th through June 1, 2020. This grace period extends for learning permits as well. Any scheduled driving tests – with one exception – have been postponed until the conclusion of this grace period. The sole purpose of this order is to keep people away from physically visiting DMV offices. Three guesses why.
That being said, WYDOT is still open for business. They encourage everyone to explore the other services online, email, and over the phone. You can submit applications and request paperwork completely through email. Commercial driver license tests, however, are still being conducted by appointment only. Commercial drivers requiring an exam should call WYDOT’s offices and employees will work to expedite the process given how crucial truckers have become during the pandemic.
- Driver Services Forms and Applications: http://www.dot.state.wy.us/home/driver_license_records/formsapplications.html
- Number of customers allowed at one time per location: http://www.dot.state.wy.us/home/driver_license_records/office-procedures—covid-19.html
- Phone numbers and other contact information for local Driver Services offices can be found at: https://wydot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Shortlist/index.html?appid=f7834c5fa12c4090b07172d159dbfafd
- Executive Order (EO) 2020-4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12OH6_PTzT6Aj06K3BLDoqZYKtjQ0cRko/view
- Driving Records – email@example.com
- Record Review – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hearing Requests – email@example.com
- Probationary License Issuance (on a limited basis) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail In Renewals – email@example.com
- DOT Medical Certificate submission – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests for Temporary Licenses – email@example.com
- Disabled Placard Issuance, Renewal and/or Replacement – firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general Driver Services question, go to WYDOT’s Contact Us page at http://www.dot.state.wy.us/ContactWYDOT/ and select Driver License Issues.