Wyoming Prescribed Fire Council Conference in Cody
Written by Andrew-Rossi on November 22, 2019
Its time to get fired up about prescribed burns in Wyoming.
The annual Wyoming Prescribed Fire Council (WY-PFC) meeting will review research, provide agency updates and ranch applications during a conference on December 3rd and 4th at Cody’s Holiday Inn.
This is part of the first year since the Wyoming Prescribed Fire Council formed in December 2018. Their mission is to protect landowners’ rights to burn, encourage the use of prescribed fire, and promote public understanding of prescribed fire. This meeting seeks to address all three points through a series of presentations about the council, their activities, and their successes.
The Council was responsible this summer’s fire projects in the Shoshone National Forest outside Dubois, and is actively pursuing more prescribed burns throughout the state.
- 8 a.m. – Coffee and registration
- 8:30 a.m. – State of the Wyo-PFC
- 9 a.m. – Wyoming Rural Fire Association update
- 9:15 a.m. – Prescribed fire success stories
- 10:20 a.m. – Break
- 10:30 a.m. – Research and education updates
- 12:15 p.m. – Lunch (on your own)
- 1:30 p.m. – Research and education updates continue
- 2:30 p.m. – Break
- 2:45 p.m. – Looking to 2020 (round robin)
- 3:15 p.m. – Convene official meeting of the membership
Thursday, Dec. 5, will provide an opportunity for the WY-PFC and the Wyoming Rural Fire Association to discuss how they can help each other. The Wyoming Rural Fire Association meeting continues Friday, Dec. 6.
An executive board/advisory board working session is 1-4 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, open to general membership, followed by a social at 6 p.m. at Millstone Pizza Company & Brewery.