Wyoming Small Businesses Encouraged to Join Shop Wyoming
Written by Andrew-Rossi on December 16, 2021
With the holiday shopping season in full force, the Wyoming S.B.D.C is encouraging to shop at local Wyoming businesses – from the comfort of their homes.
“Shop Local. Shop Online” is the philosophy behind Shop Wyoming, the latest endeavor of the Wyoming Small Business Development Center. The concept is simple – an online marketplace for Wyoming businesses selling Wyoming products accessible to anyone in the world.
The free E-Commerce platform is “intended to help small businesses in Wyoming launch or improve their online selling capability so they can be more resilient in a changing marketplace.”
Shop Wyoming is entirely free to all small businesses while increasing their visibility – and the potential for more sales.
Nearly every type of product can be sold thru the website. Everything from apparel, household supplies, and personalized gifts to books by Wyoming authors, gift cards, and wedding accouterment. It’s “All Things Wyoming.”
In addition to pictures and prices, every product on Shop Wyoming features the name and location of the business selling it. An online business directory provides more information on each business and directs curious shoppers to their company websites.
The Cody Country Chamber of Commerce sent an email to their members about Shop Wyoming on Wednesday. Dec. 15. Why? Only three Cody businesses are on the site.
Overall, there are six Park County small businesses selling products on Shop Wyoming.
- In Cody: Wyoming Authentic Products, Happy Fleece – Wyoming Style, and Yellowstonegem
- In Powell: Moxie Blue Creative, Ringler Custom Leather, and Heartworks
No Meeteetse businesses are currently registered.
Getting a listing on the free site is fairly simple once you sign up for an S.B.D.C. local advisor thru their main website.
All advising thru the S.B.D.C. is no-cost and entirely confidential. All Bighorn Basin businesses that aren’t registered can become counseling clients by applying online.
Other criteria to establish your business on Shop Wyoming include:
- Being a current resident of the state of Wyoming.
- Registering as a confidential, no-cost client with the Wyoming SBDC Network.
- Managing brick and mortar, e-commerce, or otherwise established retail business located in Wyoming that sells high-quality products OR high quality made in Wyoming products and you were in business prior to March 1, 2020.
- Businesses started after March 1, 2020, that have been negatively affected by the pandemic may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Maintaining a current online reputation through a Google listing, online reviews/testimonials, Etsy shop, active Facebook presence, or others.
- You may continue to the application without an online reputation, but building one might be the first step in the SBDC registration process.
- Products can be easily shipped and you agree to ship them securely and in a timely manner as advertised on your product pages.
- Local pickup is also an option.
- Featuring your products with high-quality photographs and complete product descriptions.
- Be ready to receive online orders through the ShopWyoming.com marketplace.
- Meeting quality standards and verifying your business.
Fortunately, Wyoming S.B.D.C. personnel are standing by to help every small business get their products featured and sold on Shop Wyoming.