Cody: Chip Sealing Downtown For First Two Weeks of August
Written by Andrew-Rossi on July 29, 2021
The first two weeks of August means road maintenance in Cody, as the City of Cody’s Streets Division plans to chip city roads in and around downtown.
The City of Cody has released a schedule for extensive chip sealing throughout the community. According to their schedule, the work begins on Monday, August 2, and will continue until Wednesday, August 11.
Chip seal is a pavement surface treatment that combines one or more layer(s) of asphalt with one or more layer(s) of fine aggregate. In the United States, chip seals are typically used on rural roads carrying lower traffic volumes.
Chip sealing is cheaper than resurfacing an asphalt concrete or a Portland cement concrete pavement, but not as long-lasting.
The following city streets are scheduled for chip sealing over the next two weeks. During this time, all vehicles must be removed from the street or they will be towed.
Monday, August 2
- Rumsey Avenue (9th Street to 15th Street)
Tuesday, August 3
- Rumsey Avenue (15th Street to 16th Street)
- Bleistein Avenue (10th Street to 16th Street)
Wednesday, August 4
- Salsbury Avenue (11th Street to 16th Street)
- Wyoming Avenue (13th Street to 16th Street)
Thursday, August 5
- Wyoming Avenue (12th Street to 13th Street)
- 15th Street (Sheridan Avenue, North to end)
- 14th Street (Sheridan Avenue to Bleistein Avenue)
Friday, August 6
- 14th Street (Bleistein Avenue, North to end)
- 13th street (Sheridan Avenue, North to end)
Monday, August 9
- 12th Street (Sheridan Avenue to Wyoming Avenue)
- 11th Street (Sheridan Avenue to Salsbury Avenue)
- 10th Street (Sheridan Avenue to Rumsey Avenue)
Tuesday, August 10
- 10th Street (Rumsey Avenue to Bleistein Avenue)
- 9th Street (Sheridan Avenue to Lane Drive)
- Lane Drive
- River View Drive (12th Street to Belfry Highway)
- 12th Street (Elm Avenue to River View Drive)
- Alger Avenue (10th Street to 12th Street)
Wednesday, August 11
- Alger Avenue (12th Street to 16th Street)
- 29th Street (Sheridan Avenue to Mountain View Drive)