Cody COVID-19 Cancellations Updated List (3/18/20)
Written by Andrew-Rossi on March 18, 2020
KODI is keeping up with Cody cancellations.
There are now 15 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Wyoming, , including the first confirmed case in a Park County woman. This was inevitable. There is no reason to panic or alter the preventative measures already suggested by the CDC and Park County health professionals.
In order to provide the most up-to-date information, we will be reminding everyone of current cancellations and others as they occur, as well as any changes and potential reopening’s as soon as they are announced.
- Cody & Powell School Districts are closed until April 3rd, with a possible extended closure possible. Kindergarten registration in Cody has been moved to April 30th. The district is still offer lunches for pickup at Sunset Elementary, Cody High School, the Rec Center and Mentock Park
- Meeteetse School District will close on March 23rd until April 3rd
- Washakie County and Hot Springs County School Districts are also closed until April 3rd.
- The Cody Rec Center is closed until further notice.
- The Park County Library is closed and all programs therein are cancelled until further notice.
- The Cody Senior Center is screening everyone at the doors and meals at the center have been cancelled
- Northern Wyoming Surgical Center has postponed all elective surgical procedures until April 5th
- Albertsons has reserved 7am to 9am Tuesdays and Thursdays exclusively so high-risk community members can shop
- Health Fair Lab Draws at Cody Regional Health are cancelled until further notice
- Teton County has effectively shut down, including the town of Jackson. Public places have been closed and all dine-in food service prohibited
- The Cody Elks will be handing out 100 small canned food bundles for families affected by school closures or any seniors with shopping issues. The pickup is this Friday from 1-4 at the Elks Building.
- All University of Wyoming Extension programs are cancelled
- Northwest College has extended its spring break until April 5th.
- Billings has closed all pubs, wineries, and casinos. Restaurants are limited to takeout and delivery
- University of Wyoming has extended its spring break one week to March 27th. All undergraduates will finish their semesters through online classes
- Bighorn Cinemas in Cody and the Hyatt Theater in Lovell has been closed until further notice.
All major events in Cody have been postponed, and all of Forward Cody events have been cancelled until further notice. If there are any additional closures you feel the community needs to know, call the Bighorn Radio Network at 578-5000