Cody COVID-19 Updated Cancellations List (3/25/20)
Written by Andrew-Rossi on March 25, 2020
KODI is keeping up with Cody cancellations.
There are now 37 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Wyoming, with only 1 still confirmed in Park County. Emphasis on confirmed. In order to provide the most up-to-date information, we will be reminding everyone of current cancellations and others as they occur, as well as any changes and potential reopening’s as soon as they are announced.
- Governor Mark Gordon and State Health Officer Dr. Alexia Harrist have issued a third statewide order, closing non-essential personal services. The order goes into effect today through April 3. The order is focused on businesses where appropriate social distancing measures are not practical. The closure applies to nail salons, hair salons and barber shops; cosmetology, electrology and esthetic services; massage parlors; and tattoo, body art and piercing shops. Medically necessary services such as physical therapy providers may remain open.
- Healthy Park County and Park County Public Health has been working for several days to develop a Park County Resource list so people in need of assistance can readily see what is available. They are always trying to identify those in need and those willing to help.
- For those in need of assistance please call Healthy Park County at 578-2707 to be set-up with a volunteer.
- For those wishing to be added to the volunteer list please contact Healthy Park County or Park County Public Health at 527-8577.
- To see the list or for more information visit healthyparkcounty.org
- The Cody Cupboard is still open. They are bagging things and handing to people instead of letting people come inside. They are open from 1-4 for pickup
- Cody & Powell School Districts are closed until April 3rd, with a possible extended closure possible. Kindergarten registration in Cody has been moved to April 30th.
- Meeteetse School District will close on March 23rd until April 3rd
- Washakie County and Hot Springs County School Districts are also closed until April 3rd.
- The Cody Rec Center is closed until further notice.
- The Park County Library is closed and all programs therein are cancelled until further notice.
- The Cody Senior Center programs and events are cancelled and meals are
- Northern Wyoming Surgical Center and Cody Regional Health have postponed all elective surgeries and procedures
- Health Fair Lab Draws at Cody Regional Health are cancelled until further notice
- Cody Regional Health encourages anyone with COVID-19 symptoms – fever, cough, and breathing problems – to please the COVID-19 screening line at 578-2000. And visit codyregionalhealth.org for more up-to-date information
- Albertsons has reserved 7am to 9am Tuesdays and Thursdays exclusively so high-risk community members can shop
- Walmart’s hours have changes from 7 am to 8:30 pm daily
- Walmart and Albertson’s are both hiring positions immediately to help deal with the influx of the customers stocking up during the corona closedowns.
- The Buffalo Bill Center of the West is distributing free soup for those in need from 4:30 to 5:30 pm Tuesday and Friday of this week
- Curbside pick-up and delivery for local restaurants is still sanctioned under the new Park County Public Health Order.
- The Cody School District will be conducting shelf-stable breakfast and lunch pickups on Mondays and Thursday throughout the duration of the school closure.
- Shoshone and Bighorn National Forests remain open although self-evaluation and distancing are highly encouraged if you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- The Park County Commissioners will keep the doors to the Park County Courthouse open to the public until further notice.
- Entrance doors to the County Clerk, County Treasurer, Park County Planning & Zoning, and Park County Public Works are locked at this time. Please follow the instructions that are posted on their doors .
- City Hall will be closed to the public until further notice. All other City facilities remain closed to the public at this time and essential services will still be provided
- Citizens needing to do business with the City that typically is conducted at City Hall need to contact staff by calling 527-7511
- All University of Wyoming Extension programs are cancelled
- Northwest College has extended its spring break until April 5th.
- University of Wyoming has extended its spring break one week to March 27th. All undergraduates will finish their semesters through online classes
- Bighorn Cinemas in Cody and the Hyatt Theater in Lovell has been closed until further notice.
All major events in Cody have been postponed or cancelled until further notice.
The Bighorn Radio Network and KODI have been deemed essential services by Park County. We’ll be on the air giving you updates for the duration of this regional lockdown. If there are any additional closures you feel the community needs to know, call the Bighorn Radio Network at 578-5000.