District Ranger Position Open at Shoshone National Forest
Written by Andrew-Rossi on July 6, 2020
There’s only one more day to apply for a new position in Shoshone National Forest.
The Shoshone National Forest is currently undergoing a search for a new District Ranger. This permanent decision will be responsible for overseeing the Clarks Fork, Greybull, and Wapiti Districts, and will be based out of Cody. The USAJOBS posting for the position lists the following responsibilities:
- Preparing a program of work for the management, protection, and development of resources on the assigned unit.
- Establishing and implementing the development, production, conservation, and utilization of the natural resources of associated lands of the unit.
- Formulating the plans, programs, and objectives for the assigned unit based on overall unit objectives.
- Analyzing long-range and short-range action plans to ensure consistency with strategies and program emphasis in the approved forest plan.
- Providing recommendations and resource information to higher organizational levels concerning programs within the unit.
- Coordinating unit resource management with public officials, industry representatives, and citizen groups.
- Planning and directing the overall work of the unit performed through subordinate supervisors, team leaders, committee chairs or comparable similar personnel.
- Fostering an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
- Promoting an inclusive work environment that is free from all types of discrimination.
Some travel may be required for the position, and the salary is listed at anywhere from $76.5 to $118.5 thousand dollars per year.
The application period for Shoshone National Forest’s next district ranger closes tomorrow, July 7th.