Dog Saves Owner from House Fire | Big Horn Radio Network | Wyoming

Dog Saves Owner from House Fire

Written by on January 5, 2018

A Powell man escaped from his burning mobile home thanks to his 5-month-old German shepherd, which woke him by jumping on him.
Reynaldo “Rey” Adame, of Powell, said when his dog woke him up at 6:55 a.m. Tuesday he found flames underneath the couch he was on. He told the Powell Tribune that his mobile home in the Triangle Mobile Home Park was full of smoke, so he fled outside, barefoot, into the sub-zero cold.
When he opened the door, the fire exploded, forcing him to close the door before his dog, Blue, could escape. He reopened the door but couldn’t see his dog, so he ran to the rear of the home and forced that door open, at which time the German shepherd jumped out.
Powell Fire Chief Damian Dicks told the Powell Tribune that he believes a space heater caused the fire. Three trucks and 15 firefighters worked the scene – and Dicks added that the department didn’t find any smoke detectors in the home, pointing out that had the dog not been there, the outcome could have been worse.
Adame was hospitalized for a day for smoke inhalation.


[There are no radio stations in the database]