House Fire Won't Ruin Christmas | Big Horn Radio Network | Wyoming

House Fire Won’t Dampen Christmas Spirit

Written by on December 8, 2017

The lights will shine again for a home that has been a staple on the Christmas light tours for the last few years.
And the family whose home was severely damaged in a house fire this weekend is profoundly grateful for the community support they have received.
Bill and Sheila Messick and three of their grandchildren escaped a house fire that started in the basement of their home on East Carter Sunday morning, which may have been sparked by an extension cord. The home itself is relatively famous in Cody for its animated Christmas light display, but Bill Messick said the light display was not the cause of the fire.
Messick told KODI News that with the help of his neighbors, they were able to suppress the fire with garden hoses until the fire department arrived. He said that the house is uninhabitable, and they are staying with friends until other arrangements for housing can be made.
Messick expressed his gratitude for the outpouring of support that their family has received since the fire – he says that clothes, food, money, toiletries and other supplies have been generously donated. Any further donations can be dropped off at Tangles Salon or Rhino Performance, as well as Roger’s Sports Center, where Bill has worked for over 15 years, and continues to work part time.
Bill says that although the computer that runs the Christmas light display was damaged, they are attempting to salvage the program and hope to have the display up and running as early as this weekend.


[There are no radio stations in the database]