Mom Would Never Say That
Written by Kaitlyn on July 15, 2021
No one knows better than your mom, and that is just a fact.
Think of all the wise words or statements your mom has said to over your life. Simple things, smart things, and sometimes down right to the point scary mom voice things.
- Don’t walk into traffic cars will hit you, therefore that is why we hold hands.
- Treat others as you want to be treated. If you don’t don’t brush your teeth, they will in fact fall out. All of them.
- Better eat all your food so you grow big. Seriously just try one bite.
- If you keep making that face it will stay like that.
- Wear a sweater just because.
- One day YOU will thank me.
- Do not make me count to three.
- If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?
- Wear clean underwear. Because I said so.
- You will understand when you have kids and I hope they are just like you.
Bonus mom words: A classic that will continue to be told for many generations to come….
“don’t go outside with wet hair you will catch a cold”
Yet, have you ever thought of all the thing your mother would NEVER say to you? The complete opposite of her solid advice you have heard all your life? Instead of the scolding pointing finger that is burned in your brain as “do not forget this, I am serious”, instead you got a “sure why not, go ahead” do it point? That would be a very strange world.
Here are few examples if the finger flipped from DON’T to OK NO WORRIES IT IS ALL GOOD!
TOP TEN THINGS MOM WILL NEVER SAY TO YOU
- “How on earth can you see the TV sitting so far back?”
- “Yeah, I used to skip school a lot, too”
- “Just leave all the lights on … it makes the house look more cheery”
- “Let me smell that shirt — Yeah, it’s good for another week”
- “Go ahead and keep that stray dog, honey. I’ll be glad to feed and walk him every day”
- “Well, if Timmy’s mom says it’s OK, that’s good enough for me”
- “The curfew is just a general time to shoot for. It’s not like I’m running a prison around here”
- “I don’t have a tissue with me… just use your sleeve”
- “Don’t bother wearing a jacket – the wind-chill is bound to improve”
- “You can have unlimited access to the phone”