Temporary Road Closures & Hazardous Driving Conditions Expected in Yellowstone National Park
Written by Caleb Nelson on May 12, 2022
The Public Affairs Office is advising visitors to anticipate winter weather and hazardous driving conditions in Yellowstone National Park in the coming days. The Office said travelers should, “anticipate temporary road closures and driving delays.”
The East Entrance Road between the East Entrance and Fishing Bridge is temporarily closed due to winter weather and hazardous conditions.
Crews are making every effort to see that the following roads remain open to public motor vehicle traffic on Friday, May 13, weather-permitting:
- South Entrance to West Thumb
- Lake Village to West Thumb
- West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass). According to YNP representatives, “Expect delays because the road is at a high elevation.”
- Tower Junction to Tower Fall
To stay informed about up-to-date road conditions in Yellowstone people should consult Park Roads. Conditions in Yellowstone often change quickly, especially during spring, and roads are temporarily closed due to poor driving conditions.
- Following the May 13 opening, the remaining road segment in the park will open on May 27 at NOON is Tower Fall to Canyon Junction (Dunraven Pass).
- The Beartooth Highway (US-212), located east of the park’s Northeast Entrance, will open, depending on the weather, May 27 at 8 a.m.