Yellowstone: East Entrance Opens Friday, May 7
Written by Andrew-Rossi on May 6, 2021
Spring has sprung, and Yellowstone National Park is ready to begin another season by opening the only route between the park and the rest of northwest Wyoming.
Weather-permitting, the East Entrance Road in Yellowstone National Park opens Friday, May 7
- East Entrance to Lake Village (Sylvan Pass) and Lake Village to Canyon Village will open Friday, May 7, at 8 a.m. to public motorists.
- A significant snowpack still exists in the Sylvan Pass area. Park rangers will monitor avalanche conditions. Temporary road closures may occur.
- Conditions in Yellowstone can change quickly, especially during spring and fall, and roads can temporarily close due to poor driving conditions.
- Find current road status on the park website and by calling (307) 344-2117. To receive Yellowstone National Park road alerts on your mobile phone, text “82190” to 888-777 (an automatic text reply will confirm receipt and provide instructions)
Conditions permitting, the rest of the park’s roads will open on May 14.
- South Entrance to West Thumb
- Lake Village to West Thumb
- West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass)
The road between Tower-Roosevelt and Canyon Village is closed for the 2021 season due to ongoing construction. Fishing Bridge, which has been under construction for two years, will be completely open and uninhibited.
The Cody Chamber of Commerce is celebrating the event with the 7th Annual Park and Pancakes, a free breakfast event in from of the Chamber of Commerce.