Cody COVID-19 Cancellations Updated List (3/20/20)
Written by andrew-rossi on March 20, 2020
KODI is keeping up with Cody cancellations.
There are now 18 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Wyoming. In order to provide the most up-to-date information, we will be reminding everyone of current cancellations and others as they occur, as well as any changes and potential reopening’s as soon as they are announced.
- Cody & Powell School Districts are closed until April 3rd, with a possible extended closure possible. Kindergarten registration in Cody has been moved to April 30th.
- Meeteetse School District will close on March 23rd until April 3rd
- Washakie County and Hot Springs County School Districts are also closed until April 3rd.
- The Cody Rec Center is closed until further notice.
- The Park County Library is closed and all programs therein are cancelled until further notice.
- The Cody Senior Center programs and events are cancelled and meals are
- Northern Wyoming Surgical Center and Cody Regional Health have postponed all elective surgeries and procedures
- Health Fair Lab Draws at Cody Regional Health are cancelled until further notice
- Cody Regional Health encourages anyone with COVID-19 symptoms – fever, cough, and breathing problems – to please the COVID-19 screening line at 578-2000. And visit codyregionalhealth.org for more up-to-date information
- Albertsons has reserved 7am to 9am Tuesdays and Thursdays exclusively so high-risk community members can shop
- Walmart’s hours have changes from 7 am to 8:30 pm daily
- The Buffalo Bill Center of the West is distributing free soup for those in need from 4:30 to 5:30 pm today
- The Cody Elks will be handing out around 100 small canned food bundles to any family impacted by the school closure or any seniors facing shopping issues today from 1 to 4 pm at the rear of the Elks Building.
- Curbside pick-up and delivery for local restaurants is still sanctioned under the new Park County Public Health Order.
- Shoshone and Bighorn National Forests remain open although self-evaluation and distancing are highly encouraged if you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- Sleeping Giant remains open. As long as social distancing and ten or less person gatherings are enforced, outdoor activities have not been discouraged.
- The Park County Commissioners will keep the doors to the Park County Courthouse open to the public until further notice.
- Entrance doors to the County Clerk, County Treasurer, Park County Planning & Zoning, and Park County Public Works are locked at this time. Please follow the instructions that are posted on their doors.
- City Hall will be closed to the public until further notice. All other City facilities remain closed to the public at this time and essential services will still be provided
- Citizens needing to do business with the City that typically is conducted at City Hall need to contact staff by calling 527-7511
- All University of Wyoming Extension programs are cancelled
- Northwest College has extended its spring break until April 5th.
- University of Wyoming has extended its spring break one week to March 27th. All undergraduates will finish their semesters through online classes
- Bighorn Cinemas in Cody and the Hyatt Theater in Lovell has been closed until further notice.
All major events in Cody have been postponed or cancelled until further notice.
The Bighorn Radio Network and KODI have been deemed essential services by Park County. We’ll be on the air giving you updates for the duration of this regional lockdown. If there are any additional closures you feel the community needs to know, call the Bighorn Radio Network at 578-5000.