Cody Regional Health to Stop Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing
Written by Andrew-Rossi on January 19, 2022
As the omicron variant surges in Wyoming, Cody Regional Heath is stopping its drive-thru COVID-19 testing and asking residents to seek other options in town.
On Wednesday, Jan. 19, Cody Regional Health announced the hospital would soon discontinue drive-thru testing service. The last day for drive-thru testing will be Wednesday, Jan. 26.
The reason for the end of the service is the Wyoming Army National Guard. Since late September 2021, two National Guard members have assisted hospital staff and services in many different ways.
According to Cody Regional Health, the National Guard staff are “no longer available.” As a result, hospital staff can no longer maintain drive-thru testing.
This is the second time Cody Regional Health has stopped drive-thru testing. Testing at the Cody Stampede Rodeo Grounds stopped in February 2021 as the first wave of COVID-19 ended.
COVID-19 testing is still available at several local agencies, including Park County Public Health.
Cody residents can find additional Covid-19 testing resources at the following locations:
- Vault Test – Free to Wyoming Residents. Visit https://health.wyo.gov/publichealth/infectious-disease-epidemiology-unit/disease/novel-coronavirus/covid-19-at-home-testing/
- Federal government free testing resources available at https:///www.covidtests.gov/
- Over-the-counter Binax Now antigen tests may be available at local pharmacies.
- Walgreens PCR Testing can be accessed online or through the app to schedule an appointment.
- Park County Public Health Department 307-527-8570.
Amazon also offers test kit options with home delivery.
Cody Regional Health also asks patients with COVID-19 symptoms to visit the walk-in clinic during the first two morning hours every day.
To preserve Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Cody Regional Health’s (CRH) Walk-in Clinic team, located within Cathcart Health Center (424 Yellowstone Avenue), is encouraging patients with respiratory-related issues to use the walk-in clinic during the first two hours of opening.
- Monday through Friday – 8:00 to 10:00 a.m.
- Saturday through Sunday – 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
If those hours don’t work, the hospital asks potential patients to call ahead to check availability.
Respiratory Clinic Symptoms include:
- Fever and/or Cough
- Shortness of breath
- Diarrhea and/or Nausea-vomiting
- Loss of taste/sense of smell
- Sore throat
The Walk-in Clinic will not be offering testing for those without symptoms at this time.
Patients experiencing severe COVID-19 symptoms such as shortness of breath, chest pain, palpitations, or other more serious symptoms should go to the closest ER or call 9-1-1.
Meanwhile, Park County Public Health continues to offer vaccination clinics free of charge.
Vaccine clinics will be held in Cody at the Public Health Nurse office at 1002 Sheridan Avenue and the Paul Stock Recreation Center.
Clinics will be held in Powell at the Powell Annex at 109 W 14th Street and at the Yellowstone Building at 331 E 7th Street.