Fire Destroys Another Home in Powell | | Big Horn Radio Network | Wyoming

Fire Destroys Another Home in Powell

Written by on February 22, 2018

Powell Volunteer Firefighters were called out on Saturday for the second house fire in a week.
The fire totally destroyed a mobile home at the Cactus Garden Court on East Seventh Street, according to the Powell Tribune. The resident, Cory White, was not home at the time, but White told the Tribune that a dachshund named Buddy did not survive the blaze.
Dicks said the fire may have been caused by the stove, as White said he had been cooking before he left the house, but no official cause has been determined yet.
Red Cross of Wyoming released a statement yesterday that they are assisting one adult and one child after the fire, providing assistance for lodging and other immediate needs.
This is the fourth house fire in Powell since the beginning of the year, and with colder temperatures still in the forecast, Dicks pointed out the importance of making sure all stoves and space heaters are shut off before leaving your house.


[There are no radio stations in the database]