GoFundMe Site Set Up to Help Family After Fire | | Big Horn Radio Network | Wyoming

GoFundMe Site Set Up to Help Family After Fire

Written by on March 20, 2019

Electrical resistance has been named the culprit for a trailer fire that has left a woman and her teenage daughter homeless.

The fire, which consumed the home at 341 A Street in Cody late Friday night, has been blamed on an electrical wire that overheated. A neighbor called in the fire just before midnight Friday night, after 17-year-old Sierra Burke climbed out a window to escape the smoke. Her mother, Kelly, wasn’t home at the time. Three of the family’s pets perished in the fire, although three other animals made it out in time.

Jerry Parker, administrator for Park County Fire District 2, explains how they believe the fire started.

Parker says that heat resistance can become a fire hazard if electrical cords are coiled or otherwise hampered.

He adds that the trailer was a total loss. A GoFundMe account has been set up for the family to help them start over.


[There are no radio stations in the database]