WYDOT Begins Thermoplastic Road Work in Worland
Written by Andrew-Rossi on August 18, 2020
Worland is next for a thorough coating of thermoplastic.
Starting this Wednesday, August 19th, WYDOT will be on Big Horn Avenue in Worland to apply a coat of thermoplastic pavement markings. It’s the first stop in a number of pavement-marking projects throughout northwest and central Wyoming. Every community in the region will be affected at some point. The Worland thermoplastics installation will involve the intersections of Big Horn and 15th Street, Big Horn and 10th Street, Big Horn and 8th Street, Big Horn and 7th Street, and Big Horn and Railway Street. Motorists should expect traffic delays of up to 20 minutes during the duration, which should only take a week or so to complete.
From Worland, the extensive but relatively unobtrusive thermoplastic pavement markings work continues on streets and intersections. Not dates have yet been given, but the entirety of the over $200 thousand dollar project should be completed by Halloween 2020.
Cody isn’t immune either. Thermoplastic pavement marking commences at 8th Street and Beck Avenue intersection, and 8th Street and Canyon Avenue intersection, and between Cody and Yellowstone National Park (US14/16/20) sometime between August 19th and October 31st, weather permitting.
- Lander (Main Street and Buena Vista intersection, and the Sinks Canyon Road pathway)
- Basin (South 4th Street and US16/20 intersection, and C Street and WY30 intersection)
- Greybull (Greybull Avenue and North 6th Street intersection, and Greybull Avenue and North 5th Street intersection)
- Cody (8th Street and Beck Avenue intersection, and 8th Street and Canyon Avenue intersection), Riverton (near Wind River Casino)
- Dubois (US26/287 and D Street intersection)
- Deaver (WY114 and US310 intersection).
Work also proceeds on several highways, between:
- Dubois and Moran Junction (US26/287
- Worland and Ten Sleep (US16)
- Thermopolis and Meeteetse
- Cody and Powell
- Near Byron (US14A)
- Cody and Yellowstone National Park (US14/16/20),
- Lovell and Cowley (US310),
- near Basin (WY30),
- Casper and Shoshoni (US20)
- Shoshoni (US20, and US26/WY789)
- Farson and Lander (WY28)
- Lander and Diversion Dam junction (US287)
- Hudson and Riverton (WY789)