WYDOT Schedules STIP Meetings for Summer 2023
Written by Andrew-Rossi on June 29, 2023
Annual public meetings are scheduled in July and August to address future highway and bridge improvement projects in northwest Wyoming.
The State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) process involves annual meetings with public officials and citizens who play key transportation partnership roles in Wyoming, said Wyoming Department of Transportation District Engineer Pete Hallsten, P.E., of Basin.
“The STIP is a six-year program approved by the Wyoming Transportation Commission. It provides a snapshot of existing and expected projects and their schedules, and it is continually updated,” Hallsten said.
The STIP is a prioritized construction plan for the 1,326 miles of highway in northwest Wyoming, also known as W.Y.D.O.T. District 5. Future S.T.I.P. projects will determine the next construction zones, including delays and slowdowns.
Public involvement is crucial to W.Y.D.O.T.’s mission to provide a safe, high-quality, and efficient transportation system. Comments help determine where and when W.Y.D.O.T. allocates its time and resources.
W.Y.D.O.T. has planned in-person public meetings in July and August – as part of regular county commission meetings – to receive input and answer questions:
Big Horn County
- Big Horn County Courthouse, County Commission Chambers (420 C Street, Basin)
- 10 a.m., Tuesday, July 18
- Park County Courthouse, County Commission Chambers (1002 Sheridan Avenue, Cody)
- 11 a.m. – Tuesday, July 18
- Fremont County Courthouse, County Commission Chambers (450 North 2nd Street, Lander)
- 11 a.m. – Tuesday, August 8
Hot Springs County
- Hot Springs County Government Annex Building, County Commission Chambers, (117 North 4th Street, Thermopolis)
- 3 p.m. – Tuesday, August 15
- Washakie County Courthouse, County Commission Chambers (1001 Big Horn Ave., Worland)
- 11 a.m. – Tuesday, August 15