Vehicle Licenses Required in YNP | Big Horn Basin Media

YNP Seasonal Workers May Have to Register Vehicles

Written by on January 19, 2018

Summer workers in Yellowstone National Park will soon have to purchase temporary permits to use Wyoming roads.
That’s according to Park County Officials, who notified Yellowstone staff as well as concessionaires in the Park that their employees will have to register their vehicles while they are working in Wyoming.
KULR-8’s Penny Preston reports that because most of Yellowstone is within the state of Wyoming, state law requires seasonal employees who work in the Wyoming portion of the park for more than four months out of the year to register their vehicle here. A temporary permit is required for workers who are here for less than four months, which costs $50 per month.
Park County Treasurer Barb Poley told the County Commissioners on Tuesday that Xanterra and Delaware North officials have agreed to tell their employees about the legal requirements. Preston reports that many of Yellowstone’s seasonal employees work May through October. So, they would have to buy Wyoming tags, then possibly have to buy license plates in their home states when they return home.

[There are no radio stations in the database]