What’s Holding YOU Back?
Written by dariandudrick on January 26, 2017
What’s holding YOU back from achieving your health goals? Is it because you’re so ingrained in your habits that you can’t see a way out? Is it because you don’t know which steps to take? Or is it because it just sounds like SO MUCH WORK to make the changes?
There are methods to identify what’s holding you back—whether it’s fear, limiting beliefs, or the unconscious mind—and then you can start to ELIMINATE each obstacle to reach your goals!
1. Think of something you want and then ask yourself why you don’t have it. Make a list of the reasons why you haven’t succeeded in that area yet.
2. Next, become aware of the negative voice that tells you that you aren’t good enough, or that you can’t have it all. Take note of the times that negative voice comes up – write those down. And then LET THOSE THOUGHTS GO! Challenge yourself to assign a new, empowering voice whenever those thoughts pop up.
3. Choose a specific action or behavior that you can implement in the next few days that you WILL BE ABLE to accomplish!
4. When opportunity knocks, evaluate the pros and cons. If FEAR is the only thing that remains at the end of this evaluation, then JUMP. Don’t wait for the perfect moment; it might not ever come. Perfect moments are MADE.
5. Obstacles are a cause for celebration because they are mile-markers on the path. Think about it, you wouldn’t come up against an obstacle unless you were closer to achieving your goal! Obstacles are your friends because they help you make strides, learn, and, ultimately, experience a level of pride after successfully getting through.
Just by changing the way you look at the STEPS along the way to success, you’ll be that much closer to living YOUR BEST LIFE!
–Wendy Corr, Certified Holistic Nutritionist